Buddha Teas Review – Tea, Packaging, Mission & More
Here at Fresh Steeps, we partner with different tea brands that support our vision. If you want to refresh what Fresh Steeps vision is check out the “About Vince” page.
Fresh Steeps wants to promote only the healthiest, most sustainable, organic teas that are grown and harvested across the world!
We make sure to research each of the brands we affiliate with to ensure the tea we promote is harvested with caring and loving hands so that the love that is poured into the leaves throughout the process is also steeped into our cups!
Here is an in depth Buddha Teas review!
Buddha Teas’ Story & Values
Buddha Teas start in the UK where John Boyd, founder and CEO of Buddha Teas, was raised. He moved to the United States, had the idea to provide clean, healthy and unadulterated tea to the public, and partnered with Nicholas Merier to do so!
Their model that they built this on? “Buddha Teas is all about clean, all about truth”. This means they add no artificial or natural additives to the tea. You simply get the leaf, spice or flower when you order a tea.
The name Buddha Teas came to John during his meditation in 2008. He contemplated the idea and the fact that Buddha Teas wanted to be not only tied to our bodies health, but also the health of the environment. Reflecting a vision to embody living life in harmony with the world, Buddha Teas was born!
Buddha teas builds their business on the idea of only serving the herbs that you order. When you order a peppermint tea, you get only organic peppermint leaves, nothing else. Let’s break that down.
- Organic: This is huge for Fresh Steeps! Organic is a big buzz word, but what does it truly entail? Organic growing and harvesting of tea eliminates the use of harmful herbicides and pesticides typically used. This is not only good for our health as humans, but also the environment! It allows for protection of local wildlife as well as reduces harmful runoff events into our waterways.
- Only the leaves: Some other brands may add “natural additives” for flavor. These “natural” additives are misleading as they typically are not from plant but rather labs. They are derived from plants and manipulated with chemicals and approved as “natural” by the FDA. Buddha Teas ensures you get what you ask for.
- The Downside: Due to only providing fresh ingredients, the tea is a bit less flavorful and mild. This less intense beverage may be a turnoff for some people.
We give Buddha Teas a round of applause for their quality and for sticking true to their word!
Outside of the taste and quality of tea, Fresh Steeps also looks at how the tea is packaged and delivered to the customer. We try to analyze the full Life Cycle of the process and promote only the healthiest and cleanest practices.
- The box the tea bags come in is 100% recycled and recyclable! The loose-leaf bags are also lined paper rather than purely plastic. While this still has some plastic, that is necessary for freshness in transit.
- The tea bags themselves are compostable and unbleached! Many tea bags are bleached white. This process releases chemicals known as dioxins and epichlorohydrins that when consumed over a long period can have carcinogenic effects.
- No added metal staples on the tea bags! Many tea bags have a metal clip keeping the bag together and attached to the string, Buddha Teas does not! This limits the unnecessary amount of waste and production.
- The ink is soy based! Many inks are petroleum based, Buddha Teas even ensured this was plant based. While soy presents other potential challenges, it is an excellent step forward!
Overall, Buddha Teas really takes into consideration all aspects of the packaging and has done a superb job with this!
Buddha Teas goes above and beyond in some aspects that should be noted!
- All the teas are 100% Kosher!
- All the teas are Non-GMO!
- No MSG is used in these teas to preserve the quality!
- They have a “Teas for Trees” campaign setup! Due to their higher use in paper they want to offset that. They have partnered with the National Forest Foundation to help plant 50 million trees in our National Forests in the United States!
- They have fun and inspirational quotes on their tea tags! These include part are not limited to “Who the cap fit, let them wear it” -Bob Marley, “The day you stop racing is the day you win the race”, “EARTH without ART is just EH”, and many more!
So, Should I Trust Buddha Teas?
Buddha Teas has made it a mission to utilize the highest quality teas to provide the healthiest and cleanest experience for all who use their products. From our review we found that:
- They are organic!
- They look at the whole life cycle of the tea bag!
- They do their best to restore what they are taking from the Earth!
- So much more!
Overall, a big bravo to Buddha Teas for all their effort!
If you feel inspired to try some of Buddha Teas high quality tea, follow this link here or click on the Buddha Teas logo to the right!
Let us know in the comments how you liked this Buddha Teas review and what else you would like to see!