Tea To Boost Sex Drive – Herbs To Help Increase Libido
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. This holiday is credited with being the holiday of romanticism & nothing is less frustrating for you & your partner than having a low or no sex drive.
Many factors play into why this may be the case & if you are truly struggling with a low libido then reach out to a licensed physician to look at your overall lifestyle, but herbs & tea are never a bad thing to implement to your daily routine!
Let’s dive into the world of aphrodisiac teas & discover tea to boost sex drive & turn this Valentine’s Day into a hot & steamy holiday for you & your partner.
What’s Up With My Sex Drive?
Sex drive is simply naturally different for everyone! Some people are ready to go any minute of any day while others need a little more time. This being said, it is healthy to have a “normal” sex drive (normal being what is common for you).
If you notice a drop in your libido there may be many factors playing into this. It is important to look at the overall lifestyle & system of your body to make an accurate diagnosis. Below is a list of what effects your libido.
- Stress Management
- Mind-Body Balance
- Adequate Sleep
- Regular Exercise
- Communication & Connection With Your Partner
All of these aforementioned should come as no surprise. They are the buzz words you hear all the time for a healthy lifestyle & a healthy lifestyle includes a healthy sex life!
If you are struggling in any of these areas reach out to a professional for assistance. People are here to help. On top of all of this, therapy is also always a beautiful thing! A strong mind-body connection includes healthy mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, & sexual health.
While these are majorly important you can always take your sex drive to the next level by introducing certain herbs as tea into your daily life. I like to categorize herbs for sex life into two types, zippy & chill. The zippy herbs will create an energetic type boost for your sex life. These herbs will help excite you! The chill herbs will calm & relax your mind & body. Nothing ruins an intimate moment worse than stress or anxiety. Check out our favorites!
Sometimes all you need is a little energy boost to kick up your libido. Tea is great because if you choose a green, black, or white tea the caffeine will help increase your energy. However, it may be late & you are looking to stay away from caffeinated beverages. Check out the Fresh Steeps favorites for boosting your energy & arousal!
- Ashwagandha – A personal favorite of mine, this adaptogenic herb is said to give you the vitality & stamina of a horse! Especially potent for men, it has been shown to boost sperm count & aid erectile dysfunction.
- Ginseng – A dopamine enhancer making it perfect for women & men. It also has the ability to limit nitric oxide (NO) buildup thus allowing men to have stronger erections.
- Rhodiola – Perfect for boosting desire & performance for both men & women. It has potential to aid with premature ejaculation. It can increase overall satisfaction, pleasure, & response to orgasms.
- Horny Goat Weed – Just read the name! This herb will get you ready to jump in the sheets ASAP! Strong libido booster for anyone & everyone.
- Tribulus – After use over a period of time (a month or more) people with low sex drives have seen a boost. There are claims that this will boost testosterone however there is very little evidence to support that.
If you have ever tried to get frisky with your partner while in a stressed out or anxious state you probably quickly realized it just was not gonna happen. Stress can kill a mood quicker than your parents walking in on you. Luckily there are some herbs to help relax the mind & body & even act as an aphrodisiac! Check them out below.
- Damiana – A gorgeous yellow wildflower with the reputation of enhancing libido & mood. The flavor is earthy & sweet & pairs perfectly with chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, & other spices!
- Roses – Beautiful looking, smelling, & yes even tasting! The floral scent will immediately relax you while the delicious tea will even calm the spirit. Rose will accent the romantic evening perfectly & even calm nerves, boost your mood, & open your heart!
- Passionflower – An amazing sedative type herb that is perfect for relaxing the mood & allowing you to open up fully to the intimacy with your partner. It pairs wonderfully with many of these other herbs including skullcap.
- Skullcap – Not the most romantic sounding herb, this is very similar to passionflower. It is said to relieve tension & stress in the upper back & neck which may be perfect to enjoy before a massage??? How romantic!
- Lemon Balm – An uplifting, yet calming herb. The smell alone brings a fresh lemon scent to the room which livens your spirit & calms the mind. Enjoy this heart opener with your partner!
My Sex Life & Tea
As mentioned, if you are struggling with low libido please consult a licensed professional. Whether that be a dietitian, therapist, physician, whoever, it is always best to consult professionals. Before introducing a new herb into your daily routine talk with a dietitian or physician to ensure that all aspects of the herb is taken into consideration.
Low sex drive can be frustrating on many levels. It takes a toll emotionally, mentally, sexually, & can lead to strains in your relationship. It is important to note your overall health & routine. Take a look at your diet, exercise routine, stress load, sleep schedule, & always communicate with your partner! If you are looking to spice it up & take your sex life & libido up a notch then maybe a herbal remedy is right for you!
There are so many great herbs & tea to boost sex drive, the challenge is to find the best one for you! Try one out for a week & note the differences.
Let me know in the comments what your experience is with any & all of these herbs & please reach out with specific questions at firstname.lastname@example.org!
1. Pursell, J. J. The Herbal Apothecary: 100 Medicinal Herbs and How to Use Them. Timber Press, 2016.
2. Groves Maria Noël. Body Into Balance: An Herbal Guide To Holistic Self-Care. Storey Publishing, 2016.
3. Breverton, Terry, and Nicholas Culpeper. Breverton’s Complete Herbal: a Book of Remarkable Plants and Their Uses. Lyons Press, 2012.