Tiesta Tea’s Blueberry Wild Child – Health Benefits, Flavor, & More
I started drinking tea because of the health benefits. I found that green tea contained a myriad of incredible molecules & compounds that I wanted to incorporate into my life, like polyphenols & EGCG. The more I drank tea, the more I learned that there is a tea for every bodily function, system, mood & more.
Tiesta Tea was founded on the idea of making tea not only accessible & affordable to everyone, but also easier to understand. Founders, Dan & Patrick too found the health benefits in tea & wanted to share them with the world!
Fresh Steeps & Tiesta Tea have partnered up to bring science-backed research on tea, specifically Tiesta Tea’s tea! Let’s dive deep into one of their top herbal blends, Blueberry Wild Child! If you want to learn more about Tiesta Tea, check out Fresh Steeps’ in depth review of Tiesta here.
Flavor & Ingredients in Blueberry Wild Child
Blueberry Wild Child sounds like a party in your cup! This tea is one of Tiesta’s herbal & fruit blends. This means that it does not contain Camellia sinensis, AKA green, white, black, oolong, or pu’erh tea. What you will find however is…
- Rose Hip
- Blueberry & Pineapple Natural Flavoring
Blueberry & apple, those two together are all time favorite mix. They blend perfectly for a sweet slap in your mouth! Add in the tartness of hibiscus, elderberry, & pomegranate & you will find these balance the flavors for a deliciously vibrant beverage. The aroma reminds me of a summer party that will bring your mind to youthful days!
I personally love brewing this tea warm & pouring immediately over ice. I have found it most refreshing after a long day out in the summer heat, on a lake with friends, or a mid-afternoon pick-me-up!
As incredible as this sounds, we are here to talk health benefits. You may be asking yourself, “Sounds great, but can there really be health benefits in such a deliciously wild tea?” or “What the heck are cornflowers?”. Great questions! Read on to find out!
If you want to try out the lively tea, click here!
Health Benefits of Blueberry Wild Child
Here we are going to look at each individual ingredient & what they can provide for the body. One thing I love about Tiesta Tea is they breakdown their teas into functionality. This means their tea can fall be an Immunity, Energizer, Slenderizer, Relaxer, or Eternity tea! Blueberry Wild Child is an Eternity Tea!
- Who doesn’t love these lil’ antioxidant boosters?!? Blueberries are packed with a host of flavonoids, specifically anthocyanins, which are correlated with many beneficial health effects! These little blue bois are also packed with fiber, vitamin C, K & manganese. On top of the awesome nutrient content, blueberries can prevent DNA damage which can potentially help with aging (4, 5)!
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away!” Does that saying actually hold any weight? I won’t say an apple will keep you away from the doc, but apples are excellent sources of fiber, polyphenols, vitamin C, K, calcium & potassium! These scrumptious treats allow you to feel satiated longer, relieve any indigestion, provide a good environment for a healthy gut biome, & may protect your bone health (6, 7, 8).
- Stacked with antioxidants including polyphenols, rutin, & anthocyanins. This flower has been shown to greatly reduce systolic blood pressure when consumed 3 times a day for 6 weeks (in fact, the higher the blood pressure the greater the effect) (2)!
- Arguably the strongest immune supporter out there! Elderberries contain the powerful flavonoids that promote anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antihistamine, & mood enhancing responses. Along with those, elderberries contain high amounts of vitamins A, B6, & C as well as minerals like iron, phosphorus, potassium & calcium.
- Want to learn more? Check out this in depth elderberry review!
- Rose Hip
- Rose hips are the little fruits that the rosebush produces & they contain more vitamin C per ounce than almost any other natural source! To pair perfectly with the high vitamin C content, you will find bioflavonoids present which also improve vitamin C’s ability to strengthen connective tissue, bolster immune health, promote healing, & boost cellular energy. These bioflavonoids are antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, & antihistamine, providing the best protection overall (1)!
- These tart nibs provide a host of awesome benefits! Pomegranates are highly noted for protecting the heart, lowering cholesterol levels, fighting cancer, & increasing bone strength! An excellent addition to this Eternity blend (1).
- This vibrant flower provides the incredible blue hue to this tea. On top of the natural, beautiful dye it provides to the tea, cornflowers also bring a major anti-inflammatory response to your cup! This herb can sooth digestive challenges, as well as detox the liver from its high antioxidant levels (9).
- Blueberry & Pineapple Natural Flavoring
- While there are not any health benefits associated with these natural flavorings, unless you are allergic to any of these, there are no side effects to be found.
Blueberry Wild Child at a Glance
First, a note: Before attempting to cure yourself with any herb or medicine, please consult a licensed physician! Do the research for yourself too. You will always be your best advocate; we are here to simply provide information and help guide!
Tiesta calls this an Eternity Tea & with the high bioflavonoid content, it is sure to assist with your bodies healthy functions! Adding this tea to a healthy diet & routine will provide an excellent boost in your body’s necessary immune & longevity processes. It also tastes great too!!!
Interested in trying some for yourself? Check out Tiesta Tea’s Blueberry Wild Child here! Let us know in the comments what your favorite ingredient is in Tiesta Tea’s Blueberry Wild Child!
1. Pursell, J. J. The Herbal Apothecary: 100 Medicinal Herbs and How to Use Them. Timber Press, 2016.
2. Groves Maria Noe?l. Body Into Balance: An Herbal Guide To Holistic Self-Care. Storey Publishing, 2016.
3. Breverton, Terry, and Nicholas Culpeper. Breverton’s Complete Herbal: a Book of Remarkable Plants and Their Uses. Lyons Press, 2012.