Tiesta Tea’s Chai Love – Health Benefits, Flavor, & More
I started drinking tea because of the health benefits. I found that green tea contained a myriad of incredible molecules & compounds that I wanted to incorporate into my life, like polyphenols & EGCG. The more I drank tea, the more I learned that there is a tea for every bodily function, system, mood & more.
Tiesta Tea was founded on the idea of making tea not only accessible & affordable to everyone, but also easier to understand. Founders, Dan & Patrick too found the health benefits in tea & wanted to share them with the world!
Fresh Steeps & Tiesta Tea have partnered up to bring science-backed research on tea, specifically Tiesta Tea’s tea! Let’s dive deep into one of their top blends, Chai Love! If you want to learn more about Tiesta Tea, check out Fresh Steeps’ in depth review of Tiesta here.
Flavor & Ingredients in Chai Love
If you have ever had chai before, then you know that this sounds like a warm hug in a cup! This tea is one of Tiesta’s black blends. This means that it does contain Camellia sinensis, AKA green, white, black, oolong, or pu’erh tea. On top of the deliciousness of black tea you will find…
- Pink Peppercorn
Chai is such a unique flavor that will warm the soul. The combination of these incredible herbs & spices will transport you to a fireside on a cold winter’s evening. The aroma alone fills every inch of your being with a calm sense of home. The black tea will give you the boost of caffeine necessary to take on the day while the spices relax your mind.
I personally love brewing this tea warm & sipping hot. For a chill twist, enjoy it as an iced chai tea latte! It has become a great way for me to start my day! I love enjoying this in the mornings, on Fall or Winter days. Make it an iced latte & take it on-the-go & enjoy that way too!
As incredible as this sounds, we are here to talk health benefits. You may be asking yourself, “Sounds great, but what do all those awesome spices do for me?”. Great question! Read on to find out!
If you want to try out the tropical deliciousness, click here!
Health Benefits of Chai Love
Here we are going to look at each individual ingredient & what they can provide for the body. One thing I love about Tiesta Tea is they breakdown their teas into functionality. This means their tea be an Immunity, Energizer, Slenderizer, Relaxer, or Eternity tea! Chai Love is an Energizer Tea!
- Black Tea
- Being from the same plant, black tea & green tea have similar health effects. The major difference in the two is that black tea is oxidized longer & therefore unfortunately loses a bit of the antioxidant content. That being said, you will find a high number of antioxidants such as EGCG, theaflavins, & thearubigins present! These are responsible for giving black tea the capability to protect your heart health, improve gut health, lower blood pressure, & improve focus! Not to mention, the caffeine content in a properly brewed cup will energize you without a crash! (4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- This incredible pod is full of antioxidants & anti-inflammatory properties! Cardamom is a carminative, meaning it relieves gastric bloating & gas almost immediately! Its anti-inflammatory properties help ease any digestive struggles or chronic pains. Cardamom has also been shown to reduce blood pressure & prevent infection! (2, 9, 10, 11)
- This bark is one of the most historic & popular spices to date! This herb is excellent for moderating blood sugar & improving insulin sensitivity. It can also promote weight loss, lower triglycerides, & cholesterol! This herb really is not only delicious & common in many kitchens, but healthy & important for our lives!
- Cloves are a powerhouse for manganese! This important mineral gives us proper brain function & builds strong bones. This herb contains an antioxidant known as eugenol which has been shown to stop oxidative damage from free radicals 5 times as fast as vitamin E! On top of all of this, cloves are antimicrobial, help protect the liver, & moderate our blood sugar. (12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
- A personal favorite, ginger is spicy root that will warm your body & soul. This root is a strong anti-inflammatory. It is excellent at providing the gut with a health environment to function properly. Similar to cardamom, it too is a carminative. It helps the liver detoxify & kills unhealthy gut microbiome providing a fertile space for new & healthy gut bugs to form!
- Want to learn more about ginger? Check out this in depth ginger review!
- Pink Peppercorn
- Although labeled a peppercorn, pink peppercorn is not actually related to the black peppercorn we are so used to! Pink peppercorn is actually a ripe berry from the Brazilian pepper tree! They look similar to black peppercorn but have a lighter, almost sweeter, taste that is perfect for chai. These berries have major antiseptic & disinfectant properties. They are great for the common cold or a slight cough. (17, 18)
Chai Love at a Glance
First, a note: Before attempting to cure yourself with any herb or medicine, please consult a licensed physician! Do the research for yourself too. You will always be your best advocate; we are here to simply provide information and help guide!
Tiesta calls this an Energizer Tea & when brewed properly, the black tea will provide the perfect boost of caffeine for you to take on the day. The rest of the herbs & spices provide an incredible boost to your antioxidant levels & overall health! This tea will keep you awake, focused, & ready to take on your next challenge.
Interested in trying some for yourself? Check out Tiesta Tea’s Chai Love here! Let us know in the comments what your favorite ingredient is in Tiesta Tea’s Chai Love!
1. Pursell, J. J. The Herbal Apothecary: 100 Medicinal Herbs and How to Use Them. Timber Press, 2016.
2. Groves Maria Noe?l. Body Into Balance: An Herbal Guide To Holistic Self-Care. Storey Publishing, 2016.
3. Breverton, Terry, and Nicholas Culpeper. Breverton’s Complete Herbal: a Book of Remarkable Plants and Their Uses. Lyons Press, 2012.