Tiesta Tea’s Lean Green Machine – Health Benefits, Flavor, & More
I started drinking tea because of the health benefits. I found that green tea contained a myriad of incredible molecules & compounds that I wanted to incorporate into my life, like polyphenols & EGCG. The more I drank tea, the more I learned that there is a tea for every bodily function, system, mood & more.
Tiesta Tea was founded on the idea of making tea not only accessible & affordable to everyone, but also easier to understand. Founders, Dan & Patrick too found the health benefits in tea & wanted to share them with the world!
Fresh Steeps & Tiesta Tea have partnered up to bring science-backed research on tea, specifically Tiesta Tea’s tea! Let’s dive deep into one of their top herbal blends, Lean Green Machine! If you want to learn more about Tiesta Tea, check out Fresh Steeps’ in depth review of Tiesta here.
Flavor & Ingredients in Lean Green Machine
Lean Green Machine, gets me amped to take on my day! This tea is one of Tiesta’s green tea “Slenderizer” blends. Besides the amazing Camellia sinensis, what else will you find in this blend???
- Sencha Green Tea (as mentioned)
- Orange Peel
- Lemon Peel
- Bergamot & Lemon Natural Flavoring
Combining these ingredients creates a calm, relaxing, yet invigorating focus. The aroma is that of a citrusy boost to get your mind feeling happy & sunshiny. With the natural tartness of the citrus peels balanced with the smooth, almost sweet, lemon taste of lemongrass you are sure to be ready to take on the day!
I personally love brewing this tea warm & starting my day with it. It has become a staple for my morning routine, mid-morning pick-me-up or right before a workout!
As incredible as this sounds, we are here to talk health benefits. You may be asking yourself, “Sounds great, but what are those healthy benefits that make it a ‘Slenderizer’?”. Great question! Read on to find out!
If you want to try out the citrusy deliciousness, click here!
Health Benefits of Lean Green Machine
Here we are going to look at each individual ingredient & what they can provide for the body. One thing I love about Tiesta Tea is they breakdown their teas into functionality. This means their tea can be an Immunity, Energizer, Slenderizer, Relaxer, or Eternity tea! Lean Green Machine is a Slenderizer tea!
- Sencha Green Tea
- Green tea is an incredible tea. The tea is one of the least processed & oxidized of the teas. This means that it keeps a higher antioxidant level than black, oolong or pu’erh. What can we find in green tea that makes this a Slenderizer tea? Green tea has a low level of caffeine (~20 – 60mg depending on how you brew it). Caffeine will rev up your metabolism because it is stimulant! On top of that, green tea contains a powerful polyphenol known as EGCG. This has been linked to mobilizing fat from fat cells, increasing fat burning during exercise, boosting your metabolic rate, & so much more (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)!
- Want to learn more about green tea? Click here!
- Lemongrass has recently become a personal favorite herb of mine! It is an easy one to add to tea & dishes for a delicious & healthy boost. Lemongrass can do so much for us. It has antimicrobial effects in our gut, highly bioavailable nutrients & antioxidants, minimizes digestive disorders, has mood & brain boosting effects, & also boosts metabolism! The metabolic effects have been shown on lab scales, but more research is needed (11, 12).
- Click here to find an in depth review of lemongrass’ benefits!
- Orange Peel
- If you have ever bitten into an orange peel, you will immediately regret it. It is extremely bitter! But, add it to a tea & it will transform into a citrusy heaven while boosting your cups health benefits! There are many metabolic boosting properties to orange peel. It is high in fiber acting as a prebiotic for your digestive track. Orange peel contains a bunch of vitamin C, which is linked not only to healthy immunity, but also metabolic increases. Finally, orange peel contains a high number of flavonoids which keep inflammation down in the body thus reducing the body’s stress which can lead to fat storage (13).
- Lemon Peel
- Lemon peel adds a deliciously tart flavor to the tea. Lemon peel has been shown to have high levels of antioxidants, support oral health, boost your immunity, & potentially aid in weight loss. Lemon peel contains high levels of fiber pectin that you would not normally get from lemon juice. This acts as a digestion booster & keeps you full longer. By incorporating this into your tea you will see a bunch of healthy side effects (14, 15)!
- Bergamot & Lemon Natural Flavoring
- While there are not any health benefits associated with these natural flavorings, unless you are allergic to any of these, there are no side effects to be found.
Lean Green Machine at a Glance
First, a note: Before attempting to cure yourself with any herb or medicine, please consult a licensed physician! Do the research for yourself too. You will always be your best advocate, we are here to simply provide information and help guide!
Also, if you are looking to lose weight, it is a lifestyle change. No one product will change your life completely. This tea is an excellent addition to a healthy weight loss regimen, but look at all aspects of your life!
Tiesta calls this a Slenderizer tea & Lean Green Machine sure does contain all the metabolism boosting tea & herbs to help! With all the EGCG, flavonoids, vitamin C, & polyphenols, this mood & body boosting tea is sure to get you going for your next workout!
Interested in trying some for yourself? Check out Tiesta Tea’s Lean Green Machine here! Let us know in the comments what your favorite ingredient is in Tiesta Tea’s Lean Green Machine!
1. Pursell, J. J. The Herbal Apothecary: 100 Medicinal Herbs and How to Use Them. Timber Press, 2016.
2. Groves Maria Noel. Body Into Balance: An Herbal Guide To Holistic Self-Care. Storey Publishing, 2016.
3. Breverton, Terry, and Nicholas Culpeper. Breverton’s Complete Herbal: a Book of Remarkable Plants and Their Uses. Lyons Press, 2012.
4. Caffeine & Metabolism
5. Benefits of Green Tea
6. Mobilizing Fat with EGCG
7. EGCG & Caffeine
8. Green Tea During Exercise
9. Long term Bodyweight Loss with Green Tea
10. Short term Bodyweight Loss with Green Tea
11. Metabolism Effects of Lemongrass
12. American Botanical Counsel
13. Orange Peel Benefits
14. Lemon Peel Benefits
15. Lemon Peel for Weight Loss