Tiesta Tea’s Strawberry Lemonade – Health Benefits, Flavor, & More
I started drinking tea because of the health benefits. I found that green tea contained a myriad of incredible molecules & compounds that I wanted to incorporate into my life, like polyphenols & EGCG. The more I drank tea, the more I learned that there is a tea for every bodily function, system, mood & more.
Tiesta Tea was founded on the idea of making tea not only accessible & affordable to everyone, but also easier to understand. Founders, Dan & Patrick too found the health benefits in tea & wanted to share them with the world!
Fresh Steeps & Tiesta Tea have partnered up to bring science-backed research on tea, specifically Tiesta Tea’s tea! Let’s dive deep into one of their top herbal blends, Strawberry Lemonade! If you want to learn more about Tiesta Tea, check out Fresh Steeps’ in depth review of Tiesta here.
Flavor & Ingredients in Strawberry Lemonade
Strawberry Lemonade, just sounds like a summer’s day in a cup! This tea is one of Tiesta’s herbal & fruit blends. This means that it does not contain Camellia sinensis, AKA green, white, black, oolong, or pu’erh tea. What you will find however is…
- Lemon Balm
- Natural Flavoring
Combining these ingredients creates an exquisitely incredible beverage that can, & will, transport your mind & body to a lovely summer’s day. The aroma is that of a sweet strawberry lemonade (go figure!). With the natural sweetness from the fruits & flowers, it will satiate any sweet craving you may have.
I personally love brewing this tea warm & pouring immediately over ice. It has become a staple in my fridge to have after tough workouts, satisfy my sweet tooth, be a mixer or even mocktail for a hot summer’s day!
As incredible as this sounds, we are here to talk health benefits. You may be asking yourself, “Sounds great, but can there really be health benefits in such a deliciously sweet tea?”. Great question! Read on to find out!
If you want to try out the refreshing deliciousness, click here!
Health Benefits of Strawberry Lemonade
Here we are going to look at each individual ingredient & what they can provide for the body. One thing I love about Tiesta Tea is they breakdown their teas into functionality. This means their tea can fall be an Immunity, Energizer, Slenderizer, Relaxer, or Eternity tea! Strawberry Lemonade is an Immunity tea!
- This common & delicious fruit is a diuretic. This means that it helps flush your system & lowers blood pressure. Strawberries also contain vitamins B9, C, Manganese, & Potassium. These are perfect for a healthy functioning immune system! (3, 4, 5)
- Lemon contains a very high vitamin C content! This allows the body to be well-prepared for the cold & flu. Tea made with lemon has been shown to aid in detoxifying the body & even helping relieve & prevent kidney stones! (3)
- Another nutrient packed fruit! Pineapple contains over 100% of the RDI of vitamin C, as well as high amounts of manganese, B6, potassium, & magnesium. Loaded with flavonoids, this fruit helps beat back oxidative stress, chronic inflammation, & supports a healthy immune system. (6, 7, 8)
- Stacked with antioxidants including polyphenols, rutin, & anthocyanins. This flower has been shown to greatly reduce systolic blood pressure when consumed 3 times a day for 6 weeks (in fact, the higher the blood pressure the greater the effect)! (2)
- Rose hips are the little fruits that the rosebush produces & they contain more vitamin C per ounce than almost any other natural source! To pair perfectly with the high vitamin C content, you will find bioflavonoids present which also improve vitamin C’s ability to strengthen connective tissue, bolster immune health, promote healing, & boost cellular energy. These bioflavonoids are antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, & antihistamine, providing the best protection overall! (1)
- Lemon Balm
- Lemon balm, actually a member of the mint family, is full of wonderful benefits! This herb helps the central nervous system by calming it. It helps relieve an overactive mind & body & other conditions such as hyperthyroidism & hyperadrenalism. Lemon balm can help reduce fevers due to its light diaphoretic tendency (or ability to induce sweat). Finally, lemon balm is an antiviral that helps reduce the activity of viruses! (1)
- Natural Flavoring
- While there are not any health benefits associated with these natural flavorings, unless you are allergic to any of these, there are no side effects to be found.
Strawberry Lemonade at a Glance
First, a note: Before attempting to use tea, herb or medicine for healing purposes, please consult a licensed physician! Do the research for yourself. You will always be your best advocate; we are here to simply provide information and help guide!
Tiesta calls this an Immunity tea & it sure does boost the necessary vitamins, minerals & antioxidants necessary for a healthy immune system! With all the vitamin C, flavonoids, & polyphenols, this delicious, summer tea is sure to keep you healthy & craving more!
Interested in trying some for yourself? Check out Tiesta Tea’s Strawberry Lemonade here! Let us know in the comments what your favorite ingredient is in Tiesta Tea’s Strawberry Lemonade!
1. Pursell, J. J. The Herbal Apothecary: 100 Medicinal Herbs and How to Use Them. Timber Press, 2016.
2. Groves Maria Noe?l. Body Into Balance: An Herbal Guide To Holistic Self-Care. Storey Publishing, 2016.
3. Breverton, Terry, and Nicholas Culpeper. Breverton’s Complete Herbal: a Book of Remarkable Plants and Their Uses. Lyons Press, 2012.